Sugar addiction and sleep related eating of sugary foods is one of the main reasons why people gain weight and have difficulty losing weight. If you have a sugar addiction that impairs your ability to lose weight, you need to address this issue in a consistent manner so you can succeed in your weight gain battle.
- Eliminate processed sugary foods and replace them with low fructose containing fruits. Fruits contain different types of sugars, and fructose is one of the sugars that can be very detrimental to your metabolism. Try to minimize consumption of fruits high in fructose (cherries, oranges, grapes, bananas) and stick to fruits that are lower in fructose instead of sugar (berries, melon, papaya).
- To reduce your sugar consumption, you should consider engaging in a mind body technique. Stress can increase the desire to consume comfort foods, high in sugar and fat. In fact, as many as 80% of people admit to eating more food including sweets when they are stressed! Yoga and tai-chi are great ways to manage stress related eating and consumption of sugary foods.
- Cut-back on sodas. High fructose corn syrup, commonly used to sweeten beverages such as soda and some juices, has been linked to increased belly fat and weight gain. Try to replace the Coke with a bottle of water, unsweetened tea, unsweetened almond milk, or lemonade. Using alternative drinks not containing metabolism damaging fructose corn syrup will help you break the addiction to sugar sweetened beverages.
- Artificial sweeteners, such as Aspartame or Stevia, may be used as a way to reduce sugar consumption.
- Take a natural supplement that contains Relora (that helps curbing stress related eating) to suppress nighttime food cravings. Body Slim Mediterranean is an excellent weight loss helper made up of a mix of 10 ingredients, including Relora, Garcinia Cambogia, and Raspberry ketones, that help speed up metabolism and decrease sugar craving.